English for Newcomers
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
Are you a newcomer to Canada? Add English to your skill set with this free program and make it easier to integrate, meet new people and look for a job.
This program is adapted to your level and your availability with a choice of day, evening or weekend classes. It all starts with a test to determine your level of oral and written English, then, you attend classes at your own pace. Your progress will be regularly monitored so your course can be revised according to your needs. Your English skills will improve by leaps and bounds with just one session!
You can start at any time of the year (except for August), at our premises or at your workplace.
What are you waiting for? Register now or call us at (867) 920-7017 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– A language assessment service based on Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) to determine your level of English;
– English classes (LINC* levels 0 to 7) OR: Language skills development (LINC* level 7 and above) at our premises or at your workplace;
– “30 Inspiring Minutes,” a networking activity with resource people who will share their experiences with students.
– Free daycare services, Monday to Friday during daytime
– Workshops on indigenous culture, such as fish preparation, Dene storytelling, an introduction to making crafts such as jewellery, key chains and mitts, and more!
*LINC: Language Instruction for Newcomers in Canada
– Permanent residents of Canada
– People selected to be future permanent residents
– Refugees and protected persons
– Live-in caregivers
*Must be of official age to quit school in the NWT.
The program is funded entirely by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.